It is important when looking for a dentist that you find someone who is sympathetic and puts you at ease, especially where children are concerned as this is the first step towards healthy teeth and gums and a great smile.
So, what characteristics will be required to make a Good Dentist a Great Dentist?
- Number one on the list, unfortunately, has to be the waiting room. This is where you come to first and where you spend time stressing about what is going to happen to you and how painful the treatment will be? So a Great Dentist would have an office which has a welcoming atmosphere and staff who are very friendly and helpful.
- Education is key. A Great Dentist tells you what his diagnosis is and then provides you with a recommended treatment plan. He also educates you about proper dental care and encourages you to develop preventative care habits. If a dentist does not do this it means he is not committed to your well-being, but rather to how much money he can make.
- A Great Dentist has a gentle touch. You are looking for a Dentist with a stable hand and one who performs all treatments with a gentle touch. A Great Dentist takes all measures necessary and makes every effort to minimize pain and discomfort.
- A Great Dentist does not only research new technology but brings this into their rooms. A Great Dentist stays up to date on the latest innovations and incorporates this into the practice.
- A Great Dentist involves patients in decision making regarding their treatment. A Great Dentist will have no problem allowing access to your records and explaining in full detail all the options of treatment available.
- A Great Dentist will respect that you are the patient and thereby need to feel in control of your treatment plan.
- A Great Dentist must be passionate about oral hygiene and aim to educate patients about developing good oral hygiene practices.
Where to find this great Dentist:
A Great Dentist makes even the most terrified patient feel at ease. A Great Dentist has a calming nature that will help a patient relax during treatment.
Dr. Lee at Today’s Dentistry is not only a Dentist, he is a Great Dentist. He not only assists patients with correct oral hygiene and education but he is directly involved in uplifting his community with volunteer work. He has travelled to third world countries to offer disaster relief and has helped to set up medical and dental clinics.
So, when you ask what makes a Great Dentist, the answer is Dr. Lee. He will help you experience dentistry on a totally different plane. Finally this is one appointment which you can look forward to.