What is the job of a Dental Implants Dentist?
Dental implants can be complicated and need a specialized expert to be able to do an accurate job. If you want to have dental implants, choose a known dental care company in San Jose. Today’s Dentistry has served many clients through our many dental services. Dental implants are made for the mere purpose of replacing missing teeth. It is made to connect to the jawbone and become a replacement for your missing teeth. Getting dental implants have two advantages: a.) function and b.) appearance. You should always make a thorough assessment when you need to have dental implants.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Having dental implants has its advantages. These are:
- Function – the function of teeth is mainly for chewing. When one or more of your teeth gets chipped or removed, it makes the other teeth besides it more susceptible to damage or to being tipped and crooked, due to the gap of your missing tooth.
- Health – some teeth can start rotting and develop cavities. If they are not extracted or remedied immediately, the likelihood of it infecting the surrounding teeth is high. Having it removed and replaced by a dental implant can be very helpful.
- Appearance – the teeth located at the front (incisors) of your mouth, once chipped or removed, can affect your smile and your appearance. Having it replaced by dental implants can help with your appearance as well as your self-esteem.
- Protects jawbone – the dental implants make your jaw bone structure stronger and prevent it from deteriorating.
- Permanent – compared to dentures where you have to take it off and place it in a cup, dental implants act like real teeth that do not need too much maintenance and care as dentures.
- Articulation – you can speak comfortably with correct pronunciation
- Eat freely – you do not have to worry about what food to eat because dental implants are sturdy and have the components of real teeth.
How our dental implants dentists do the procedure
The process of applying dental implants is quite complicated.
- The dentist will first start with putting the anesthesia or other sedation drugs, to keep you calm and for you not to feel any discomfort during the procedure.
- The implant then is surgically put in place of the root of the teeth; this would become the “acting root” for your implant. It would be left there to heal and fuse with the jawbone.
- Parts of the gum will be pushed away to expose the implant. An abutment (post that penetrates the gum into the mouth) is then added, and they will wait for the gum to heal around the abutment.
- During the healing process of the abutment, you are prevented from eating foods that irritate the gum around it.
- The prosthetic tooth is then attached to the abutment.
This is a delicate procedure and having a professional do it is highly advised. Contact Today’s Dentistry for more information or to set an appointment, and we’ll have your teeth looking good as new again.