Dental Hygiene Tips and Advice
Poor oral hygiene is the reason most people develop dental problems. Good dental hygiene is a combination of personal efforts as well as regular visits to the dentists. Sticking to your hygienist program can help add years to your mouths life. It is a measure that maintains clean and healthy teeth and gums. These are medical services that are provided from the San Jose CA business Today’s Dentistry San Jose. The dentist and assistant there are the best offering great and affordable rates. Here are some tips and advice on how you should take care of your teeth and gums.
- Brushing the teeth should be a daily thing, at least twice a day (in the morning and just before bed). However, it is better to brush the teeth after meals.
- Brush using a good toothbrush. It should have medium-soft bristles with a shape and design that offers a better access to the molars (back teeth). Remember to change the toothbrush after every three months of use. Not doing so can be damaging to your health.
- Use the right toothpaste, one that contains fluoride, a compound that helps to reduce the risk of decay by hardening the enamel.
- Brush thoroughly. Tooth brushing should take between two and three minutes.
- Take around three minutes when brushing and use the right brushing movements.
- You should consider flossing daily along with brushing. Flossing help to remove any small things stuck between the teeth that the brush might have missed.
- Stay away from sugary foods because they are what the bacteria in your teeth thrive on; likewise, limit your acidic intake. Avoid taking too many cordials, processed fruit juices, and soft drinks. The acidity softens enamel causing caries or cavities. The bacteria, on the other hand, will be the source of bad breath.
- Using mouthwash is also a good measure, one that helps kill the bacteria and give a fresh breath.
- While brushing and flossing are important, using mouth guards will go a long way in protecting the teeth from any external injuries. Make sure any excess food is removed before you finish flossing.
- Remember your teeth only meant to chew food. Do not use them to open bottles or crack nuts.
- Schedule routine dental visits to your dentist in order to check on the health of your teeth and gums; this should be a routine thing not just when you have problems with your teeth or gum. The dentist can help with deep dental cleaning, teeth whitening, treatment of various dental problems, and give your dental hygiene advice and tips.
The dental program at Today’s Dentistry San Jose is adding years to the lifespan of our clients health. The jobs that our doctors do are the best in the city, and even all of CA. If you’re looking for a dentist who cares about your hygiene and will do a good job, then Today’s Dentistry is the dentist for you!